Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches St Sinforosa’s Church
Document Actions

St Sinforosa’s Church

Return to events list
Click photo
to view images (1)
Statua Madonna della Provvicenza
Insert a start address and click to Search button
  

The Parish of Our Lady of the Assumption - Saint Sinforosa - is a church of the first half of 1400. It has two beautiful small portals by Nicola da Penne (15th century). The lateral one is by the Venetian School and includes two sculptures, one of the Virgin and the other of the Archangel Gabriel. The other, the main portal, shows the Orsinis family crest.

Internally the church preserves two altars: a monumental one in Spanish-style realized in golden marble and spiral columns; another dedicated to the Tossicia’s patroness saint, here depicted in the central painting with her seven children.

Among the other treasured church’s artworks, there are two statues: one is a Madonna with Child (16th century) and the other a Madonna of Providence (15th century).

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: