Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches St Nicola’s Church
Document Actions

St Nicola’s Church

Return to events list
Insert a start address and click to Search button
  

First founded in the 11th century and rebuilt in 1256, St Nicola’s Church was converted several times over the centuries.

The portal stands out from the façade. Its jambs and the lintel were realized in an earlier period than the windows and the oxeye window, which were built during one of the following refurbishment works.

Internally the church with its three naves and the semicircular apse, still presents the medieval ground plan. Whereas the series of depressed pointed Gothic arches, as well as the short thick pillars, all belong to the rebuilding works of the 13th century. Valuable is the fresco by Andrea De Litio (circa 1440), above the baptismal font, just inside the main entrance, on the left.

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: