Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Territory Towns and Villages Bellante
Document Actions

Bellante

Information
Map and contacts
Cantina
Arte Vino Farm

The visitor coming to Bellante will enjoy a beautiful view that extends beyond the blue of the Adriatic sea over the green of the Teramo hilly inland and up to the snowy peaks of the Gran Sasso.

This village, ancient fief under Dominion of the Acquaviva, has preserved many testimonies of its mediaeval origins as well as many prehistoric, Roman and Italic archaeological finds. The historical centre has kept until today the typical structure of castellated villages including 16th-century portals and characteristic water conducts, very narrow alleys built in between two houses to collect rainwater.

Not to be missed is the the 12th-century entry gate to the village and the parish church of Santa Maria, with its terracotta fašade and a 16th-century portal. In the inside precious works of art can be admired, in particular a 1793 painting representing the Epiphany and executed by Nicola Monti of Ascoli who belonged to the school of Paolo Veronese and a processional silver cross attributed to Nicola da Guardiagrele.

Last but not least the ovoid gravestone dating back to the 6th century B.C. It represents a stylised image of a dead encircled by a spiral shaped inscription in Sabellian Language.

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: