Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches St Lucas Church – Teramo
Document Actions

St Lucas Church – Teramo

Return to events list
Insert a start address and click to Search button
  

The small church, today restored and opened to the public, was first mentioned in 1372 as the house of Roberto di Melatino. Still fixed above the door’s lintel there is the small stone representing the Lion of Saint Mark dated 1380. According to the historian Francesco Savini, this crest belonged to another church also dedicated to Saint Mark and built by the Venetian merchant’s guild who was running businesses in town.

A few Baroque canvases went on display in the small hall after their restoration. They come from other Teramo’s consecrated buildings, mainly from the ex-church and convent of Saint Matthew in Corso San Giorgio (high street).

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: