Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches St Augustine’s Church
Document Actions

St Augustine’s Church

Return to events list
Insert a start address and click to Search button
  

Church and convent of Saint Augustine were built in 1326 on the spot of a previous sacred building dedicated to Saint James. The church had an attached cloister lately built-in the building compound of the old prison. Internally the church presents just one nave that opens to six chapels, three on either side, and decorated with stucco bas-reliefs. The church was home of the fifteenth-century Polyptych, now on display at the Saint Berardo’s Chapel in the cathedral.

The church also presents a large sacristy today used to give concerts.

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: