Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches
Document Actions

Churches by time period style [ Renaissance style

Return to the churches' home page

Click on an item to view/hide elements from this category

XII cent (1)

Church of Madonna of Mercy

Teramo - 64100

The church already existing in 1153 used to be a monastery of Benedictine Sisters known as Church of St Angelo of the Women. In 1448, Pope Eugenio IV gave ...

Read More…

XIV cent (2)

Chiesa dei Ss. Pietro e Paolo

Saints Peter and Paul’s Church

Fano Adriano - 64044

The Parish of Fano Adriano was erected in 1355 on the ruins of an ancient Roman temple. It features elegant forms of the sixteenth century. The portal looks impressive ...

Read More…

St Leucio’s Church

Pietracamela - 64047

St Leucio’s Church, the patron of Pietracamela, is at the entrance of the village. Its origin dates back to the Middle Ages. Inside there are Baroque altars, ...

Read More…

XV cent (5)

Il soffitto maiolicato

St Donato’s Church

Castelli - 64041

The small rural church of St Donato is one kilometre away from Castelli. It was erected on the spot of an agrestic chapel of the late 15 th century. Its fame ...

Read More…

Convent and Shrine of St Mary of Lumi

Civitella del Tronto - 64010

The Convent and Shrine of St Mary of Lumi is at the entrance of Civitella del Tronto. It was first erected in the 16 th century (its foundation attributed to ...

Read More…

Church of St Mary of the Angels

Civitella del Tronto - 64010

The church is better known as ‘Scopa’, a name taken from the broom that the Confraternity of the Angels (or Laudi) used for self-flagellation. The tradition ...

Read More…

Statua Madonna della Provvicenza

St Sinforosa’s Church

Tossicia - 64049

The Parish of Our Lady of the Assumption - Saint Sinforosa - is a church of the first half of 1400. It has two beautiful small portals by Nicola da Penne (15 ...

Read More…

La Chiesa di Sant'Antonio Abate

Church of St Anthony Abbot

Tossicia - 64049

It is a rural small fifteenth-century church to be found in the upper part of the village. It presents only one nave covered with a wood-trussed roof and no apse. ...

Read More…

XVI cent (2)

La Madonna della Tibia

Church of Madonna della Tibia

Crognaleto - 64013

It is a small church built on a rocky spur with an impressive backdrop. At its interior it presents a gilt, painted wooden altar in Baroque-style of late 17 th ...

Read More…

St Lorenzo’s Church

Civitella del Tronto - 64010

The parish dedicated to the patron Saint Lorenzo Martyr was built in a spot known today as Largo Vinciguerra. In 1557 it became a rampart during the attacks of ...

Read More…

XVIII cent (1)

Statua ligena (XIII secolo)

Church of St John the Baptist

Castelli - 64041

The Parish of Saint John the Baptist of the 17 th century is located in the main square of the village. A Renaissance portal stands out from the façade. The ...

Read More…

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: