Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches
Document Actions

Churches by time period style [ Baroque

Return to the churches' home page

Click on an item to view/hide elements from this category

XIII cent (2)

Chiesa di San Francesco - Particolare

St Francis’ Church

Atri - 64032

This church along Corso Adriano (high street) was built around 1230 perhaps thanks to Saint Friar Filippo Longo of Atri. He was Saint Francis’ seventh friar brother. ...

Read More…

St Anthony’s Church – Teramo

-

  St Anthony’s Church, previously of Saint Francis, was built in 1227. A hundred years later it was largely developed and restored. Initially there was ...

Read More…

XIV cent (5)

Shrine of Madonna of Holy Saturday (part of Saint Agnes’ Church)

Corropoli - 64013

St Agnes’ Parish was once of modest dimensions; it was built on top of Roman ancient building vestiges, although documents date it back to 1227. Its present ...

Read More…

Chiesa di San Francesco

St Francis’ Church

Civitella del Tronto - 64010

The church was founded first in the 14 th century when Roberto d’Angió was reining. It still presents part of the ancient wall with its regular recurring motifs ...

Read More…

St Lucas Church – Teramo

Teramo - 64100

The small church, today restored and opened to the public, was first mentioned in 1372 as the house of Roberto di Melatino. Still fixed above the door’s lintel ...

Read More…

Chiesa dei Ss. Pietro e Paolo

Saints Peter and Paul’s Church

Fano Adriano - 64044

The Parish of Fano Adriano was erected in 1355 on the ruins of an ancient Roman temple. It features elegant forms of the sixteenth century. The portal looks impressive ...

Read More…

St Leucio’s Church

Pietracamela - 64047

St Leucio’s Church, the patron of Pietracamela, is at the entrance of the village. Its origin dates back to the Middle Ages. Inside there are Baroque altars, ...

Read More…

XV cent (1)

Il Santuario della Madonna della Laga

Shrine of Madonna della Laga

Cortino - 64040

The church is at the entrance of the tiny and suggestive mountainous village of Padula, at almost 1,000 meters. It was erected in the 15 th century and restored ...

Read More…

XVI cent (2)

St Rocco’s Church – Montorio al Vomano

-

  St Rocco’s Church is in Piazza Orsini, the main square of Montorio. Its façade is a composition of two distinct elements, which come together lightly ...

Read More…

St Lorenzo’s Church

Civitella del Tronto - 64010

The parish dedicated to the patron Saint Lorenzo Martyr was built in a spot known today as Largo Vinciguerra. In 1557 it became a rampart during the attacks of ...

Read More…

XVII cent (1)

Santa Maria in Platea

Church of Saint Mary in Platea

Campli - 64012

The Church of Saint Mary in Platea is in Piazza Farnese, Campli’s main square. It was built in the late 14 th century on the ruins of an older building. Already ...

Read More…

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: