Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches
Document Actions

Churches by time period style [ Other

Return to the churches' home page

Click on an item to view/hide elements from this category

other (2)

La vecchia Basilica

Shrine of Saint Gabriele dell’Addolorata – Isola del Gran Sasso

Isola del Gran Sasso - 64045

The Shrine of San Gabriele is a place of popular worship, one of the top 15 shrines most visited in the world. This is thanks to the two million pilgrims who ...

Read More…

St Joseph’s Church – Teramo

Teramo - 64100

The façade of Saint Joseph’s Church was entirely compromised over the years. Although today it is closed to the public and available only for special catholic ...

Read More…

XIV cent (2)

Chiesa di San Giovanni

Church of Saint John the Baptist – Atri

Atri - 64032

This church also known as St Domenico’s Church was built in 1322 and then largely changed during the 16 th and the 18 th century. The lower part of its façade ...

Read More…

St Augustine’s Church

Teramo - 64100

Church and convent of Saint Augustine were built in 1326 on the spot of a previous sacred building dedicated to Saint James. The church had an attached cloister ...

Read More…

XV cent (1)

St Anthony’s Church– Montorio al Vomano

Montorio al Vomano - 64046

Although the church’s groundwork is unknown, it is believed it was built before the Order of Friars Minor (i.e. before ‘500). It was first dedicated to Saint ...

Read More…

XVI cent (3)

St Flaviano’s Dome – Giulianova

Giulianova - 64021

The dome rises in the historical centre of Giulianova old town. Its building started the decade between 1472 and 1481, along with those of the most important ...

Read More…

Convento dei Cappuccini

Convent of the Capuchin monks – Montorio al Vomano

Montorio al Vomano - 64046

Diomede Carafa, count of Montorio, built the Convent of the Capuchin monks in 1576, however it was consecrated only in 1621 and dedicated to Saint Mary's Health. ...

Read More…

St Domenico’s Church – Teramo

-

    This church is located in the very historic centre of Teramo and many believe it is the most beautiful of the town. It was built around the ...

Read More…

XVII cent (1)

Church and ex Franciscan Convent

Castelli - 64041

Both edifices were built in the 17 th century on the hill overlooking the village. In the past the church and the convent lodged the State Institute of Art ‘F.A. ...

Read More…

XVIII cent (1)

La Scala Santa

Shrine of Holy Stairs – Campli

Campli - 64012

In 1772, Pope Clement XIV acknowledged to the town of Campli the supreme ownership of the Holy Stairs. The Holy Stairs is by St Paul’s Church and made of 28 ...

Read More…

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: