Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches
Document Actions

Churches by period [ XVI cent ]style

Return to the churches' home page

Click on an item to view/hide elements from this category

Other (3)

St Flaviano’s Dome – Giulianova

Giulianova - 64021

The dome rises in the historical centre of Giulianova old town. Its building started the decade between 1472 and 1481, along with those of the most important ...

Read More…

Convento dei Cappuccini

Convent of the Capuchin monks – Montorio al Vomano

Montorio al Vomano - 64046

Diomede Carafa, count of Montorio, built the Convent of the Capuchin monks in 1576, however it was consecrated only in 1621 and dedicated to Saint Mary's Health. ...

Read More…

St Domenico’s Church – Teramo

-

    This church is located in the very historic centre of Teramo and many believe it is the most beautiful of the town. It was built around the ...

Read More…

Baroque (2)

St Rocco’s Church – Montorio al Vomano

-

  St Rocco’s Church is in Piazza Orsini, the main square of Montorio. Its façade is a composition of two distinct elements, which come together lightly ...

Read More…

St Lorenzo’s Church

Civitella del Tronto - 64010

The parish dedicated to the patron Saint Lorenzo Martyr was built in a spot known today as Largo Vinciguerra. In 1557 it became a rampart during the attacks of ...

Read More…

Renaissance style (2)

La Madonna della Tibia

Church of Madonna della Tibia

Crognaleto - 64013

It is a small church built on a rocky spur with an impressive backdrop. At its interior it presents a gilt, painted wooden altar in Baroque-style of late 17 th ...

Read More…

St Lorenzo’s Church

Civitella del Tronto - 64010

The parish dedicated to the patron Saint Lorenzo Martyr was built in a spot known today as Largo Vinciguerra. In 1557 it became a rampart during the attacks of ...

Read More…

Rococo (1)

Chiostro della Chiesa degli Zoccolanti

Church of the ‘Zoccolanti’

Montorio al Vomano - 64046

The inhabitants of Montorio called their church ‘Zoccolanti’ after the noise produced by the Observant Minor Friars who wore wooden clogs during processions. ...

Read More…

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: