Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Official web site of the Province of Teramo

Teramo Turismo

Home Cultural Heritage Churches
Document Actions

Churches by period [ XII cent ]style

Return to the churches' home page

Click on an item to view/hide elements from this category

Gothic (2)

La facciata di Piazza Martiri

St Berardís Church

Teramo - 64100

The  Cathedral of Teramo (dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary) – also known as the ‘Duomo’ – begun in 1158 with Bishop Guido ...

Read More…

Church of Madonna of Mercy

Teramo - 64100

The church already existing in 1153 used to be a monastery of Benedictine Sisters known as Church of St Angelo of the Women. In 1448, Pope Eugenio IV gave ...

Read More…

Renaissance style (1)

Church of Madonna of Mercy

Teramo - 64100

The church already existing in 1153 used to be a monastery of Benedictine Sisters known as Church of St Angelo of the Women. In 1448, Pope Eugenio IV gave ...

Read More…

Romanesque (6)

Santa Maria di Ronzano

Church of St Mary di Ronzano

Castel Castagna - 64030

This isolated church in the Valley of the Mavone River is one of most characteristic monuments of the Middle Ages in Abruzzo. Almost certainly, it was built in ...

Read More…

San Giovanni ad Insulam

Abbey of St John ad Insulam

Isola del Gran Sasso - 64045

The Abbey of St John ad Insulam is located in the deep countryside of the Sicilian Valley, at the foot of the Gran Sasso peaks. Its edifice is considered one ...

Read More…

La Chiesa di San Martino

St Martinís Church

Nereto - 64015

In 1188 The Papal bull of Clement III referred to St Martinís Church as Ďad Gaglianumí. Although the building underwent drastic renovation works over the 19 th ...

Read More…

San Clemente

Abbey of St Clement al Vomano

Notaresco - 64024

After a long period of restoration works, the abbey reopened to the public in 2008. According to many, there is a relation between the Abbey of St Clement al ...

Read More…

La facciata di Piazza Martiri

St Berardís Church

Teramo - 64100

The  Cathedral of Teramo (dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary) – also known as the ‘Duomo’ – begun in 1158 with Bishop Guido ...

Read More…

Chiesa di San Vito

St Vitoís Church

Valle Castellana - 64010

St Vitoís Church, historically dependent upon the Abbey of Farfa, was built by the Benedictines in the 12 th century. It presents the typical ground plan Ė i.e. ...

Read More…

Teramo Turismo
Navigation
 

This site conforms to the following standards: